The items in this collection are housed in Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections in the Terrell Library.
Found in a trunk by a resident of Richland, seven of the eighteen photographs in this collection appeared in Tri-City Herald on April 3rd, 1979. Taken (or at least printed) by the Wilkin Photo Service Lewiston, Idaho, between 1890 and 1922, the photographs document the fleet of steamboats that early in the century serviced the Snake River around Lewiston, Idaho. The photographs in this collection are held in MASC as PC 112: the Bounds Steamboat Prints, Lewiston area, ca. 1894-1922.
Searching the Database:
Entering search terms in the box located at the top of the page will search across the descriptions of all items in this collection. To view all items, select Browse This Collection. Search results are displayed as a series of thumbnail images that may be browsed. To view the larger image and its corresponding description, click on the thumbnail. An option to return to the home page for this collection is provided in the banner.
Creating the Database:
Trevor Bond researched and described the images. Michael Walpole scanned original photographic prints as 300 dpi TIFF files on a Microteck 9600XL scanner and then added 72 dpi JPEG files to the CONTENT database. Al Cornish provided technical support for CONTENT and aided Joseph Groh and Trevor Bond in the site's design.